When you use a mobile app, we collect and use information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as we do when you use our website.
In addition to the same information we collect and use when using the msafiri website, we also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use our mobile apps. Specifically:
- We collect information about mobile app functionality that you access and use. This allows us to identify those areas of the mobile app that are of interest to our customers so that we can refine and continuously improve the mobile app. The information we collect for this purpose does not enable us to directly identify you.
- Each mobile app also sends us the device’s unique device identifier (or “UDI”), a sequence of numbers or characters that are unique to your mobile device, as well as the unique Identifier for Advertisers (IDFA) and Identifier for Vendor (IDFV). We use this only on the first opening of the mobile app so that we can confirm to our advertising networks the number of downloads resulting from clicks on their respective banner ads and other marketing tools.
- When you use a mobile app, you can choose to allow access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – in order to identify nearby hotels or airports. If you choose to allow access, this location data may be collected anonymously as part of search requests logged by our servers. It may also be used for geo-targeting purposes to deliver relevant marketing messages to you and enhance your experience. You can switch off the mobile app’s access to your location at any time through your phone settings menu. This might however restrict usage of any location-dependent services or options available on our mobile app.
- You always have the ability to control what information a mobile app sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the mobile app under its setting menu or by changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the mobile app from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
- At times, we record your booking process to understand booking behavior and improve our product. However, we do not record sensitive information such as card details.